When is it Needed?
Stretch marks appear when the skin is strained because of natural causes like weight gain, pregnancy, or puberty. Our Icon™ Laser treatments deliver amazing results by encouraging new skin cell production to fill in stretch marks and help your skin look younger and renewed. In just a few short treatment sessions you will see results in both the tone and texture of your skin, leaving you with the skin you’ve been wanting.
How it Works
Icon™ uses fractional laser technology to deliver specialized pulses of energy into your skin targeting your unwanted pigment, wrinkles, stretch marks or scars without causing harm to the surrounding skin. Once the energy is absorbed into the skin your body’s natural healing process will begin creating new, healthy skin in the area that was treated. Over the next few weeks you will see continued improvement in both the coloration and smoothness of your skin.
What To Expect On The Day Of Treatment
Depending on the size of the area being treated, sessions typically take less than 30 minutes. First, you will be provided eye shields to protect yourself from the laser during treatment. The treatment will begin with the provider guiding the Icon™ handpiece over the treatment area. During this, the laser will be delivering energy into your skin. Depending on the care option we select, you may feel nothing during treatment or mild discomfort. Post treatment instructions will be provided to manage pain if necessary. You may also experience some redness and/or swelling a few days after at the treatment site but this typically resolves by the third day. Follow up treatment sessions should be scheduled 3-6 weeks apart if needed.
If you are a laser skin renewal patient, please be aware of the following:
- Remove all make-up and lotions at treatment site prior to the treatment.
- At least 4 weeks prior to your appointment, discontinue unprotected sun exposure, tanning beds and tanning creams on the areas receiving treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions for Stretch Mark Removal
- Immediately after the treatment, redness, swelling and/or brown debris at surface of the skin is common and typically lasts 2-24 hours but could last up to 3-5 days in some cases.
- Gentle cleansing and use of non-irritating cosmetics are permitted after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure on the treated area and use a sunscreen SPF 45 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment.